Sample Final Exam for review purposes
CMPT310, Fall 2000, Qiang Yang and Janet Hsiao
- For the following Boolean function, calculate
the entropy of the data set from formula
A and not B
- Build a decision tree for the above formula
- Train a perceptron for the above formula
- What is the error rate of the above decision
tree on “A and B”?
- Build a grammar to parse the following
will spend my Christmas in Vancouver
- Consider the following natural language
S à N VP
N à I | AI
à V N
V à like | took
the sentence: I like AI
formulate the natural language parsing problem on this sentence as a constraint
satisfaction problem. What heuristic
methods would you choose to solve it?
- Define stratified n-fold cross validation and 0.632
- Define supervised and unsupervised
learning. Which of the following
is unsupervised learning: decision-trees, neural networks, cluster?
- Describe an algorithm to perform a three-person
game in English.