Up: Table of contents
Previous: Table of contents
Commercial database systems require more user-friendly query languages.
We will look at SQL in detail.
Although referred to as query languages, SQL contains facilities
for designing and modifying the database.
The relation schemes for the banking example used throughout the new
edition of the textbook are:
- Branch-scheme = (bname, bcity, assets)
- Customer-scheme = (cname, street, ccity)
- Depositor-scheme = (cname, account#)
- Account-scheme = (bname, account#, balance)
- Loan-scheme = (bname, loan#, amount)
- Borrower-scheme = (cname, loan#)
Fri May 22 19:39:12 PDT 1998