|PROJECT 5: SERVLET SESSIONS|
Our site is getting more interesting now. In this project, you are going to add to the previous projects a Shopping Cart using Java Servlet Sessions. When in doubt, check out an online book store for an idea.
1. Add to your Movie tables in your servlet a new column titled "Add to Cart". The new field has a hyperlink titled "Add to Cart" and a field for entering the quantity of purchase. Also add to all pages that contain movie tables two links "View Cart" and "Proceed to Check out".
2. For a registered customer (see last project),
On the same page, the customer can choose to cancel the order altogether, browse more, or pay through some pseudo payment method. If the customer chooses to pay, a "Thank you" message will be printed on a message page, and information about the order, including the real time of the order, should be saved in a log file.
For testing purposes:
The log file is important for your later projects. For example, you can use data mining later to find out the customer's true preferences and how it changes through time!
3. For an unregistered customer, if he/she clicks"View Cart", "Add to Cart" or "Proceed to Check out" links, a registration page should appear.
4. All other workflow choices can be decided by yourself. However, please make sure that you include clear documentation in this project. Documentation will be part of the mark.
5. Hand in: Please include in your project table