Course Central > CMPT 471 > assignment schedule
CMPT 471: Networking II
Assignment Information and Schedule
When and Where to Find Assignments, Grades and Solutions
- Assignments, assignment solutions and quiz solutions will be
distributed on this web page
- A link to the assignment will be activated in the table below on or before the posting date.
- On or before the solution posting date, a link to the assignment or quiz solution will be activated in the table below
- Two weeks before the final exam a sample final exam and solution will be posted.
- Assignment return dates may me modified during the term
- If return dates are modified the corresponding latest dispute dates will also be updated
- All assignment, quiz, and examination grades will be recorded in Course Management System
- Any disputes regarding the marking of assignments or quizzes must be initiated before
the latest dispute date
- Inquiries should first be addressed to the TA
- If further questions remain after discussion with the TA then contact the instructor.
Some Useful Tools for assignmentsMany assignments will require you to use a variety of UNIX tools and commands. Links to information about some of these tools and commands are given below:
- Information about wireshark, a tool for packet capture and analysis
- Information about the socket programming API (there are also many other good sources) can be found at Spencers Socket Site
- Information about the ip command
- The Guide to LINUX IP Linux IP site has a very nice collection of on-line UNIX command documentation,
- Information about the default desktop used in the lab see the GNOME project
- Information about an alternate desktop KDE
Acceptable submission formats, Bonus for Early Assignments
- Due dates for each assignment or lab problem are given in the table below.
- Some important facts about due dates that you should be aware of are:
- All assignments will be submitted electronically to the Course Management system.
- All non programing assignments will be typed (not hand written) and submitted electronically as a single Word or Open Office File (not PDF, we cannot add comments to a PDF file). Clear scans of hand drawn diagrams or hand written equations may be included in your word or open office file.
- Expected standards for assignment preparation are given on the assignment preparation page
- Assignments must be submitted before 11PM on the due date to be considered on time.
- Assignments submitted before 11PM on the early submission date will be considered early
- Early assignments will receive a 10% bonus, when your receive a bonus your score will be multiplied by 1.1
- Late assignments will receive a grade of 0
Activity Posting Date Early Due date Due Date: Solution Posting Date Return Date Latest Dispute Date Sample 471 Quizzes -- -- -- list
-- . Quiz 1 May 24 -- May 24 May 25
May 31 June 7 Assignment 1
May 8 May 27 May 29 May 30 solution text
Echo Server captures
June 11 June 18 Quiz 2 June 7 -- June 7 June 8
June 14 June 21 Assignment 2 May 27 June 13 June 15 June 16
June 23 June 30 .Quiz 3 June 21 -- June 21 June 22 June 28 July 5 Assignment 3 June 13 June 28 June 30 July 1 July 8 July 15 Quiz 4 July 5 -- July 5 July 6 July 12 July 19 Assignment 4 June 28 July 13 July 15 July 16 July 23 July 30 Quiz 5 July 19 -- July 19 July 20 July 26 Aug. 2 Assignment 5 July 13 July 29 July 30 July 31 Aug. 10 Aug. 14 Quiz 6 Aug. 2 -- Aug. 2 Aug. 3 Aug. 8 Aug. 14 Sample Exams July 30 ---- July 30 ---- ---- Presentatation topics -- -- Aug. 15 -- -- --
Other Important Hints and Information Regarding Assignments
- Do not leave your assignment till the last minute. Remember there is no guarantee that you can get answers to your questions at the last minute. Also, remember there are limited facilities in the network lab, on labs that require the use of multiple workstations it is not possible for all students to complete the assignment at the same time.
- Extensions will be granted only for documentable medical reasons or in truly EXCEPTIONAL situations. Computer or network problems and power failures, even in the 48 hours preceding the due date, are NOT considered exceptional circumstances Traffic, Transportation breakdown, undocumented minor illness, weather, conflicts with normal responsibilities are NOT considered exceptional circumstances.
* CMPT 471 Information Page * Course Central * Computing Science Home *
Janice Regan, last modified May 2, 2013.
- Assignments, assignment solutions and quiz solutions will be distributed on this web page