- Program co-chair, NAACL HLT 2015.
- Doctoral forum chair for SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, SDM 2015.
- Tutorials chair for Meeting of the American Machine Translation Association, AMTA 2014.
- 2014 reviewing: ACL 2014, EMNLP 2014, WMT 2014, COLING 2014.
- All activities ...
Recently Graduated Students
- Ramtin Mehdizadeh Seraj, M.Sc. thesis. Paraphrases for Statistical Machine Translation, September 2015.
- Rohit Dholakia, M.Sc. thesis. Real-world Use of Pivot Languages to Translate Low-resource Languages, April 2014.
- Baskaran Sankaran, Ph.D. thesis, Improvements in Hierarchical Phrase-based Statistical Machine Translation, December 2013.
- Majid Razmara, Ph.D. thesis, Leveraging Diverse Sources in Statistical Machine Translation, July 2013.
- All students ...
Grants and Funding
- Google Faculty Research Award, 2014-2015.
- NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplements Program, 2012-2015.
- NSERC Discovery Grants Program, 2003-2007, 2007-2012, 2012-2017.
- NSERC Strategic Project Grants, co-investigator on the GreenPhones project with Sasha Fedorova and Arrvindh Shriraman, 2012-2016.
- NSERC Engage Grants with McKesson Inc., 2012.
- NSERC Collaborative Research and Development (CRD) Grants, 2011-2012.
- Google Faculty Research Award, 2009-2010.
- IBM Faculty Award, 2008-2009.
- NSERC Research Tools and Instruments (RTI) Grants Program, 2008-2009.
- MITACS Accelerate Internship Grant, 2004, 2008.
- SFU President's Research Grant (SFU), 2002-2003.
My schedule for the week; find time for a meeting
- Source Code: personal
of useful hacks