- Secretary of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics
- 2013 reviewing: ACL 2013, CoNLL 2013, Czech Science Foundation, EMNLP 2013, IJCNLP 2013, MT Summit 2013, NAACL HLT 2013, NSERC Discovery Grants, NSERC Strategic Projects Grant, Transactions of the ACL journal, WMT 2013.
- All activities ...
Recently Graduated Students
- Majid Razmara, Ph.D. thesis, Leveraging Diverse Sources in Statistical Machine Translation, July 2013.
- Ravikiran Vadlapudi, M.Sc. thesis, Verbose Labels for Semantic Roles, January 2013.
- Marzieh Razavi, M.Sc. Thesis, Ensembles of Diverse Clustering-based Discriminative Dependency Parsers, August 2012.
- Max Whitney, M.Sc. Thesis, Bootstrapping via Graph Propagation, August 2012.
- Young-chan Kim, M.Sc. Thesis, Bidirectional Segmentation for English-Korean Machine Translation, April 2012.
- Porus Patell, M.Sc. Project, Experiments on Phrasal Chunking in NLP using Exponentiated Gradient for Structured Prediction, April, 2011.
- Ann Clifton, M.Sc. Thesis, Unsupervised Morphological Segmentation for Statistical Machine Translation, July, 2010.
- All students ...
Grants and Funding
- NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplements Program, 2012-2015.
- NSERC Discovery Grants Program, 2003-2007, 2007-2012, 2012-2017.
- NSERC Strategic Project Grants, co-investigator on the GreenPhones project with Sasha Fedorova and Arrvindh Shriraman, 2012-2016.
- NSERC Engage Grants with McKesson Inc., 2012.
- NSERC Collaborative Research and Development (CRD) Grants, 2011-2012.
- Google Faculty Research Award, 2009-2010.
- IBM Faculty Award, 2008-2009.
- NSERC Research Tools and Instruments (RTI) Grants Program, 2008-2009.
- MITACS Accelerate Internship Grant, 2004, 2008.
- SFU President's Research Grant (SFU), 2002-2003.
My schedule for the week; find time for a meeting
- Source Code: personal
of useful hacks