- Tutorials chair for Meeting of the American Machine Translation Association, AMTA 2014.
- 2014 reviewing: ACL 2014.
- All activities ...
Recently Graduated Students
- Majid Razmara, Ph.D. thesis, Leveraging Diverse Sources in Statistical Machine Translation, July 2013.
- Ravikiran Vadlapudi, M.Sc. thesis, Verbose Labels for Semantic Roles, January 2013.
- Marzieh Razavi, M.Sc. Thesis, Ensembles of Diverse Clustering-based Discriminative Dependency Parsers, August 2012.
- Max Whitney, M.Sc. Thesis, Bootstrapping via Graph Propagation, August 2012.
- Young-chan Kim, M.Sc. Thesis, Bidirectional Segmentation for English-Korean Machine Translation, April 2012.
- Porus Patell, M.Sc. Project, Experiments on Phrasal Chunking in NLP using Exponentiated Gradient for Structured Prediction, April, 2011.
- Ann Clifton, M.Sc. Thesis, Unsupervised Morphological Segmentation for Statistical Machine Translation, July, 2010.
- All students ...
Grants and Funding
- NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplements Program, 2012-2015.
- NSERC Discovery Grants Program, 2003-2007, 2007-2012, 2012-2017.
- NSERC Strategic Project Grants, co-investigator on the GreenPhones project with Sasha Fedorova and Arrvindh Shriraman, 2012-2016.
- NSERC Engage Grants with McKesson Inc., 2012.
- NSERC Collaborative Research and Development (CRD) Grants, 2011-2012.
- Google Faculty Research Award, 2009-2010.
- IBM Faculty Award, 2008-2009.
- NSERC Research Tools and Instruments (RTI) Grants Program, 2008-2009.
- MITACS Accelerate Internship Grant, 2004, 2008.
- SFU President's Research Grant (SFU), 2002-2003.
My schedule for the week; find time for a meeting
- Source Code: personal
of useful hacks