Dr. Alexandra FedorovaAssociate Professor
School of Computing Science, SFU
Sloan Research Fellow
Quick facts: I am a co-leader of the Systems Research Group, with Arrvindh Shriraman, and a co-founder of the SyNAr (Systems, Networking and Architecture) lab. Research focus is on system design for multicore processors and parallel computing.
I had the honour of working on my PhD thesis in Computer Science at Harvard (graduated 2006) under the supervision of a great person, scientist and entrepreneur Margo Seltzer and with other great folks like Chris Small, Mike Smith, Mark Moir and his Scalable Synchronization team at Sun (now Oracle).
Huge thanks to Oracle (formerly Sun Microsystems), National Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), STMicroelectronics, Google, Research in Motion, Electronic Arts BlackBox, and Intel for supporting our research.
If you are a prospective student or postdoc interested in joining my group, read this info page.
- I am on sabbatical in 2013-2014. Very excited to be working for WiredTiger. I am working on performance tuning. Check out our awesome read scalability here (compared to Google's LevelDB).
- Many thanks to the Sloan foundation for their 2012 Sloan Fellowship.
- Many thanks to ACM/CRA-W for the 2011 Anita Borg Early Career Award. Award presentation video at USENIX is here.
- SFU is ranked #1 again among Canada's comprehensive universities -- a position it has held ten times since the rankings began 20 years agomore than any other university. It is also the third year in a row that SFU has perched on top. Furthermore, HESA ranked SFU among top 10 research universities in Canada.
- USENIX board of directors (2012-2014)
- TOPC, Associate editor (2013-present)
- Techincal Program committees: HotOS 2013, HotPar 2012, USENIX 2012, VEE 2012, ASPLOS 2012, HotPar 2011, USENIX 2011, EuroSys 2011, PPoPP 2011, HiPEAC 2011, PACT 2010, HotPar 2010, EuroSys 2010, PESPMA 2009-2010, ASPLOS 2009, HotPar 2009, ACM Operating Systems Review 2009 (Special Issue on the Interaction among the OS, Compilers and Multicore Processors), WIOSCA 2007-2010, MMCS 2008-2010, SPAA 2008.
- Chairing activities: Chair of Provocative Ideas Session at ASPLOS 2012, Program committee co-chair, HotPar 2009 (with Jim Larus)
- Other conference organization: HotPar Steering Committee, Local Arrangements Chair for High Performance Graphics 2011 (HPG'11)