To create your own device models, you need the following:
- General programming skills, and some knowledge about
hardware, low-level programming and device drivers.
- Some general ideas about device modeling (this
- A build environment for Simics modules, described in the
Simics Programming Guide.
- Documentation on how to use your chosen implementation
language (typically DML) to write Simics device models (see
the DML Reference Manual,
the DML Tutorial, and the
Simics Programming Guide).
- Documentation of the Simics API, found in the Simics
The Simics User Guide contains an overview of the
documentation that is available for Simics.