2 System Requirements
- Simics is built for Red Hat Linux 7.3. Simics also runs
on later Red Hat versions and many other Linux distributions. Minimum processor
requirement is a Pentium II or equivalent.
- Built for SuSE 9.0. Simics also runs on many other
- Solaris/UltraSPARC 64-bit
- Built for Solaris 8. Simics also runs on
Solaris 9 and 10.
- Requirements on memory and disk sizes depend on the workload, but at
least 512MB RAM and several GB of free disk space is recommended.
- The Eclipse based user-interface in Simics requires version 2.2.1 of
the GTK+ widget toolkit and associated libraries (GLib, Pango).
To read the online documentation in Eclipse, Mozilla 1.4GTK2 or later is