3 Simulated Machines
Simics scripts for starting AlphaPC-164LX machines are located in the
[workspace]/targets/alphapc-164/ directory, while the actual
configuration scripts can be found in
Torus is an AlphaPC 164LX workstation with a single Alpha 21164 processor
running at 5 MHz and 48 MB of memory. It has one SCSI disk and one SCSI
CD-ROM, but no network device. The default configuration can be modified as
described in section 3.2.
Torus is configured for an existing Red Hat Linux 6.0 disk dump, that can be
downloaded from the Virtutech web site.
- Red Hat 6.0 Linux.
- Linux kernel 2.2.5
- SimicsFS support (read-only, write support experimental).
- Login root, password virtualpha.
3.1.1 Torus Scripts
- Starts the Torus machine with the default configuration.
3.2 Parameters for Machine Scripts
The following parameters can be set before running the
torus-common.simics script. Other .simics
scripts may set some of the parameters unconditionally, and do not
allow the user to override them.
- Size of the primary hard disk. This parameter must match any disk images
that are added to the primary disk.
- Set to no to stop at MILO prompt, without booting the OS.
- Set to no to prevent the script from logging in as root
automatically when the operating system has reached the login prompt.
- The clock frequency in MHz for the processor.
- The total amount of system memory, in MB.
- Date and time of the real-time clock at boot.
- Set to "yes" in order to use a text console with the VGA device
(default), "no" creates a graphical console.