3 Simulated Machines
Simics scripts for starting PPC64-Simple machines are located in the
[workspace]/targets/ppc64-simple/ directory, while the actual
configuration scripts can be found in
The default configuration can be modified as described in section
3.1.1 Yellow Scripts
This chapter explains the files used to boot Linux on Yellow.
- Starts the yellow machine with the default configuration.
3.2 Parameters for Machine Scripts
The following parameters can be set before running the
- The clock frequency in MHz for the processor.
- Amount of RAM in megabytes installed.
- The Linux kernel image file that should be booted.
- The file containing the initrd ram disk for Linux.
- The address to which the kernel binary is linked..
- The kernel binary is linked to virtual address
$kernel_base, but yaboot will load it somewhere in the low 32
bit address space. The $load_base parameter is this base