8.1 Limitations of the Simulated Model
- Not all 3DNow! instructions are implemented (not an issue for Intel-based targets).
- Legacy (x87) floating point is not always bit-by-bit compatible with the simulated target processor.
- Floating point approximation operations are always computed with full precision.
- Multi-machine configurations with graphical consoles do not work on Windows
hosts since it uses SDL that only supports one window.
- For 32-bit targets, the maximum supported RAM size is 3840 MB. There is no
such limitation in the 64-bit targets.
8.2 Other Limitations
- The SimicsFS file system is only read-only in Linux 2.4.x.