14.2 Common Options
Below is a list of the most common options used when starting Simics. All
possible startup options are listed in the Simics Reference
- -c file
- Reads a specified configuration file. This is equivalent to running the
command read-configuration file after starting Simics.
- -central <addr[:port]>|:<file>
- Connects to an existing Simics instance with a Simics Central
server running. This option takes an IP address and an optional port number
(the default is 1909), or a Unix domain socket (a file name). If no port number
is supplied, and the local host's address is supplied, Simics will try to
connect to the default Unix domain socket.
- Prints a list of the possible startup flags along with a short description.
- Print the Simics version number.