CMPT 102: Introduction to Scientific Computer Programming
Next offering: Fall 2013
From Data to Insight via Computing!
- Learn basics of scientific computing and
- Read and represent data (read numbers, audio
- Execute computing code (multiply, solve,
invert, process, analyze)
- Control flow of program (conditions, loops,
- Use libraries (I/O, numerical, graphical,
- Output and format results (numbers, strings,
graphs, plots, videos)
- Organize your programs (indentation, comments,
- Debug your programs (syntax, semantics,
- Perform (hands-on!) the above via simple yet
- Relate the above to real world problems.