Non-SFU students enrolling in graduate courses at SFU
Students interested in enrolling in a graduate course at SFU, such as
CMPT888: Medical Image Analysis or
CMPT829: Biomedical Image Computing, should note the following:
- You can officially register and get credit for such courses through the Western
Deans' Agreement (WDA). Complete this WDA form at your home school first. The
form can be found
- You cannot officially audit a course through the WDA. Only registration as a
graded-course is allowed under WDA.
- Officially auditing a course (not-graded) requires submitting a
different application and paying a fee.
- Enrolling through WDA or auditing are processes that take time to
complete. We recommend you start this procedure at least 2-months prior to
the start of the term.
- Unofficial or informal auditing is highly discouraged and can only be
done following the instructor's approval.
- If you have questions, e.g. to apply for official course auditing, contact
the SFU-CS graduate student advisor