Machine Learning for Structured Data
Computational Game Theory
Find time for a meeting: Work Schedule
|Member of Computational Logic Lab|
|Associate Member Department of Statistics|
|Scientific Advisor for SportLogiq|
|Member of SFU Sports Analytics Group|
I have an opening for a Ph.D. position in my group. The CS department has extended the deadline for Fall 2017 applications. If you are interested in applying, please check my pages for prospective graduate students. If you have applied already, no need for further action. (Updated Feb 17, 2017.)
- Check out version 1.0 of my tutorial in learning Bayesian networks for relational databases . Presented at AAAI 2017, ECML 2016 and Canadian AI 2015.
- The faculty of Applied Sciences has made a video about some of my research on hockey analytics. I must learn to keep my eyes open while I talk.
- I co-organized the 2016 Vancouver Hockey Analytics Conference . You can see the presentations on-line. I especially recommend the media panel. #vanhac was hashtag number 4 in Canada on the day of the conference!
- Fatemeh Riahi received the best student paper award at the IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for her paper "Model-based Outlier Detection for Object-Relational Data"
- Kurt Routley received an award for the best Canadian AI Master's Thesis of 2015 from the Canadian Artificial Intelligence Association.
- The IJCAI conference gave me a blue ribbon for my service on the Senior Program Committee 2016.
- The CTU Prague Relational Learning Repository is live now. It contains over 80 relational datasets for learning. I developed this together with Jan Motl. Here's a write-up of what you can find in it, including how to connect to the database server.