Cmpt 461/761 - Image Synthesis
Meeting Place: T: AQ 5037 and R: AQ 5018
- Torsten Möller
Office: TASC 8021
Email: torsten AT sfu.ca
Meeting Time: T: 4:30-5:20 and R: 3:30-5:20
Note: Please make use of the mailinglist. I cannot guarantee,
that I will be able to read and answer your personal mail in time. I will
prioritize email send to the mailinglist.
- Content Description: (also see the Calendar)
This course builds upon the fundamental principles covered in CMPT 361
to introduce students to advance topics in computer graphics. Particular
emphasis is on image synthesis, lighting and rendering.
- Review of basics - CMPT 361, Hardware / Software
- Image synthesis/rendering equation - including, but not restricted to:
- photorealistic rendering
- advanced ray tracing,
- Monte-Carlo methods
- photon maps
- participating media
- tone reproduction.
- Post-production (time permitting) - filtering, image processing,
transformations, compositing, special effects.
- advanced concepts (time permitting) - image based rendering and
modelling, non-photo-realistic rendering
undergrads: CMPT 361 and MACM 201, MACM 316. Students with
credit for CMPT 451 may not take CMPT 461 for further credit.
grads: none (if you have taken 461 already then don't
take this course!)
(Why all this math? Perhaps read the Communications of the ACM
September 2003 issue
- pages 36-55)
Tentative Class Schedule
(includes class notes)
- Labs/Homeworks: 40%
- I'll make use of the gradebook.
Lab Procedures and Lab Grading
Policy on Academic Misconduct
Health And Safety Issues
Last modified: September 2011
Torsten Möller /
torsten AT sfu DOT ca