If you are interested in working with me, before you email me, please read my First Contact
- Multilingual Natural Language Processing
- Machine learning for Natural Language Processing
- Machine Reading and Information Visualization
News and Posts
Recent Publications and Talks
Interactive summaries of human history articles from Wikipedia
Left to right decoding for statistical machine translation
- Google Faculty Research Award, 2014-2015.
- NSERC Discovery Accelerator Supplements Program, 2012-2015.
- NSERC Discovery Grants Program, 2003-2007, 2007-2012, 2012-2017.
- Local co-organizer, ACL 2017, Vancouver, BC
- Area co-chair, Machine Learning track, EMNLP 2017
- Program co-chair, NAACL HLT 2015.
- Doctoral forum chair for SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, SDM 2015.
Recently Graduated Students
Phd (Total: 6)
MSc (Total: 22)
- Vacariu, Andrei. A High-Throughput Dependency Parser. (from: Fall 2015 to: Fall 2017)
- Kambhatla, Nishant. Decipherment of Substitution Ciphers with Neural Language Models. (from: Fall 2016 to: Summer 2018)