Machine Learning for Structured Data
Computational Game Theory
|Director Structured Machine Learning Lab|
|Associate Member Department of Statistics|
|Scientific Advisor for SportLogiq|
|Member of SFU Sports Analytics Group|
I am looking for a postdoctoral fellow for Sports Analytics Research. This position is funded by our strategic project award, see below. My project description site has more information about the topics. Please send me a CV if you are interested in more details.
- Strategic Project award. I was the PI on a partnership award from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, totalling over $500K for 3 years. The success rate is 20%. Our company partner is Scientific Advisor for SportLogiq. My co-applicants are Greg Mori and Pascal Poupart.
- Best paper award from the StarAI@IJCAI workshop for the contribution from Manfred Jaeger and myself. The paper discusses how inference and learning for relational network data depends on the population size (node size).
- NSERC Discovery and Accelerator award. The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada has renewed my operating grant and given me a bonus award. The The Accelerator awards aim to provide substantial and timely additional resources to accelerate progress and maximize the impact of outstanding research programs.
- SFU News and Faculty of Applied Sciences News published an article about our paper at MIT Sloan conference. We said that Erik Karlsson was the best player in the 2015-2016 NHL season and hasn't he been great in 2016-17?
- My undergraduate RA and coauthor Zeyu Zhao has won the Dean's convocation medal for the Faculty of Applies Sciences. Next he'll be entering the M.Sc. Program at Harvard.
- Check out my tutorial in learning Bayesian networks for complex relational data . Presented at AAAI 2017, ECML 2016 and Canadian AI 2015.
- The faculty of Applied Sciences has made a video about some of my research on hockey analytics. I must learn to keep my eyes open while I talk.
- I co-organized the 2016 Vancouver Hockey Analytics Conference . You can see the presentations on-line. I especially recommend the media panel. #vanhac was hashtag number 4 in Canada on the day of the conference!
- Fatemeh Riahi received the best student paper award at the IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence for her paper "Model-based Outlier Detection for Object-Relational Data"
- Kurt Routley received an award for the best Canadian AI Master's Thesis of 2015 from the Canadian Artificial Intelligence Association.
- The IJCAI conference gave me a blue ribbon for my service on the Senior Program Committee 2016.
- The CTU Prague Relational Learning Repository is live now. It contains over 80 relational datasets for learning. I developed this together with Jan Motl. Here's a write-up of what you can find in it, including how to connect to the database server.